Mar 18, 2017

Bridgeport, CT – The Utica Comets lost to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers by a 4-1 score on Saturday night at the Webster Bank Arena.

Andrew Rowe scored on a one-timer to begin the scoring at 10:17 of the first period. His 10th of the year was assisted by Carter Verhaeghe and Bracken Kearns. The Sound Tigers extended the lead to 2-0 with a wrist shot from Tanner Fritz for his 19th of the year. The goal came right after Joshua Winquist pushed the puck to Fritz after a faceoff.

The second period showed no scoring even after an early five-minute major assessed to Andrey Pedan for boarding. The Comets also killed off a Borna Rendulic roughing call to hold the Sound Tigers offense. Bridgeport goaltender Eamon McAdam stopped all 16 shots over the course of two periods.

Verhaeghe scored his 13th of the year with a shot around the crease at 4:27 of the third period. The goal moved the score to a 3-0 Sound Tigers lead with assists from Kearns and Rowe. Thatcher Demko was pulled with six minutes remaining in the game for the extra attacker. Shortly after, the Comets were awarded a power play and Demko remained on the bench. Evan McEneny blasted a one-timer past McAdam for his eight of the year. Jordan Subban and Jake Virtanen assisted on the goal. 1:02 later, Michael Dal Colle found the empty net for his 14th of the year with an assist from Fritz and Winquist to end the scoring.

Demko’s record dropped to 17-12-4 with 24 stops. McAdam made 23 saves to improve his record to 10-3-0. The Comets power play scored once on two chances while the team killed two penalties for a total of seven minutes.

The Comets complete the three-game weekend tomorrow at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center with a 3 p.m. faceoff against the Providence Bruins. The game can be heard live on 94.9 KROCK and viewed on AHL Live.

For the latest Comets news visit or follow the team on Facebook (, Twitter (@UticaComets), Instagram (@UticaComets), Snapchat (@UticaComets) and the Comets YouTube Channel.

Back to All